Projekt 'Tapping wisdom' međunarodni je projekt suradnje brojnih organizacija i pojedinaca s područja Europe, financiran iz EU razvojnih fondova. Posljednja je naša aktivnost u sklopu projekta sudjelovanje na međunarodnom pripremnom partnerskom sastanku u Barceloni od 03. do 05. siječnja 2013., kojom se prilikom pod radnim nazivom 'Marco Polo' oblikovao partnerski podprogram projekta 'Tapping Wisdom'.
On one hand a united Europe offers people a lot of opportunities, especially through freedom of movement, easy access to various forms of international knowledge and information, different professional groups and institutions, a great variety of possibilities for exchange and trade.
On the other hand the European society faces problems like demographic change and the current economic crisis. Within this context a fundamental conflict is emerging between the requirement for people to work up to an increasingly advanced age on one hand and a general lack of jobs on the other. New concepts are needed to generate work and part-time jobs in addition to the traditional employer-employee systems. Older people are getting increasingly demoralised and alienated, and many find it difficult to find meaning in their lives, to live adequately with the financial means available, or to feel and envision themselves as appreciated and productive members of society. Aging is often understood as a social and individual burden marked by limitations and deterioration. This negative emphasis, along with a lack of intergenerational connection, denies younger generations access to age-related resources such as knowledge, expertise, wisdom and experience. Simultaneously, more mature people are deprived of the opportunity to learn from the youth and therefore inhibited in their ability to promote their own growth and development.
We intend to create and promote a framework to enable sharing of intergenerational and cultural knowledge, and to develop innovative concepts and tools which will encourage a shift from:
- Intergenerational alienation to integration (We will develop tools to encourage understanding between generations and cooperative work initiatives)
- Survival to self-actualization (we will create tools to enable older people to recover confidence, recognize their life achievements, knowledge and potential for learning)
- Dependence to interdependence (we will create workshops to encourage movement from reliance on welfare to joint activities in society creating work and social intergenerational engagement)
- Passivity to productivity (we will motivate young people, professionals and senior professionals through various means to use initiative and benefit together from cooperative efforts and activities).
The aim of the 'Marco Polo' project is to improve the quality of training systems for participants, providing a frame for the transfer of skills and knowledge, accumulated by people who have a long experience in the business and professional field, to young people taking their first steps as professionals, managers and entrepreneurs by developing and transferring innovative teaching methods, courses, materials and procedures. Project activities are:
- Seminars and workshops;
- Comparing, inventing and adopting new teaching methods;
- The co-creation of new training program. Project partnership will enable peer learning activities for the use of common tools as described in the Helsinki Communiqué, such as transparency, EQF, ECVET, quality assurance, excellence of skills, competences for key sectors.
The project will enable organizations in the vocational education sector from different European countries to work with partners from across Europe, exchange best practices, and increase their staff’s expertise. It should help participants to gain new skills, knowledge and qualifications, thus also boost the overall competitiveness of the European labour market.
By participating in the project activities, partner organization’s representatives shall gain new life experiences and the application of acquired knowledge, contribute significantly to the work of the parent institution, and their own employability in the labour market and economy. The project is aiming to enable the transfer of good practice and innovation among the participating countries, the harmonization of the educational system with its advanced technological and professional skills and the labour market, as well as to promote further personal and professional development of the participants.
The partnership will produce an outcome, which allows later dissemination and further application of the results of the cooperation, in the form of manual that describes the key points of the process of transfer of skills and abilities. The organizations involved in this partnership share the goal of facilitating the process of transfer of skills and knowledge accumulated by people who have a long experience in the business and professional field. Recipients of this transfer of skills and knowledge are young people taking their first steps as professionals, managers or entrepreneurs.
The purpose of our association is to share our experience in the field of vocational training and adult education, with the aim of improving our capabilities and skills to develop programs for people over 50 years, with significant professional experience.
The process of transfer of skills and knowledge is very important because it means: a) reinvest the intellectual capital accumulated by these people, b) give a social utility that capital c) keep active this age group, d) increase the likelihood relocation of these people in the event of loss of current employment e) reduce the risks associated with starting a business or profession.
Moreover, the successful management of this process involves: a) that the person skilled are aware of what are the key elements that determine the optimal performance in your area of expertise, b) that this person is able to properly manage communication tools necessary to bridge the gap between generations that separate it from the recipients; c) that these recipients (young people) have the tools of communication and attitude toward learning appropriate to incorporate this knowledge.
It is, therefore, a project focusing on our own learning, sharing experiences of working in different countries, sectors and organizations of varying size. The project will be developed through a series of scheduled meetings that, by way of seminars, allow the exchange of experiences.
As this realization of collaborative learning process, we propose to design a manual that describes the key points of the process of transfer of skills and abilities.
“Marco Polo” partners
1. Metamorfosis, Rafael Batlle 16, 4º 3ª, 08017 Barcelona, Spain
Company that takes the expertise of its members, accumulated over almost 20 years in the fields of business management and training for adults.
Among the main strengths we can highlight:
• Deep knowledge of the tools and resources of NLP
• Experience in adult training (personal, professional, management and organisational development)
• Experience in support of transition and change processes
• Experience working in many sectors of public and private activity
• Qualification in quality control processes (ISO)
Our main contribution to this association may be in the fields of:
• Identify key elements of the learning process of those targeted by our programs
• Modeling the behavior of some people who represented a successful performance
• Development of activities and exercises focused on learning the selected skills
2. Centar za evaluaciju ljudskih potencijala - Center for Evaluation of Human Potentials, Rusanova 10, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
The Center for Evaluation of Human Potentials offers services of assessment of human potentials to various age groups, organizes workshops and seminars focusing on bringing into awareness and activating inner resources and potentials in order to enhance personal well-being, improve productivity, as well as quality of life in general.
Our members are experienced professionals, mostly psychologists with education and working experience in counseling, adult education, vocational education and project managing.
Our main strengths relevant for this project are:
- professional skills and knowledge of the tools and resources of NLP/NLPt as a learning tool;
- extensive professional experience in working with individuals and groups various ages, different social, ethnic and professional background, also in projects managing and education organizing;
- skills and knowledge relevant for initializing, fostering and facilitating intergenerational communication, cooperation and transfer.
Our main contribution to this association may be in the fields of:
- identify key elements for successful intergenerational communication;
- modeling the successful intergenerational communication;
- developing tools for personal and group shift across generations, from alienation to integration.
3. Sigmund Freud University Vienna, Schnirchgasse 9a, 1030 Vienna, Austria
As a research institution the Sigmund Freud University has enormous capacities in refine and provide relevant information. Furthermore, the institution can contribute to the scientific validation of results and to transform those into materials for knowledge transfer. A pool of experts of different areas of research concerning psychology and psychotherapy science can assist the working process inserting ideas from diverse perspectives.uspješno rješavanje problema i poboljšanje kvalitete života.